2017 Summer Training Departure Instructions
Departure for the 2017 Summer Training Courses and Staff Positions is fast approaching. Below are the Departure Dates/Times/Location, what you will need to pack, the documentation/id required and what to wear on the morning of departure.
Staff Cadets : Departs Sunday July 2, from the Landmark(AMC) Theatre Plaza, 75 Consumers Road, Whitby. We will meet beside Chucke & Cheeses, look for the 151 Sign.
- Connaught and Trenton: Cadets need to be there at 06:40 AM, the bus departs at 07:15 AM.
- Blackdown: Cadets need to be there at 09:20 AM, the bus departs at 10:00 AM
Course Cadets: Departs from the Landmark(AMC) Theatre Plaza, 75 Consumers Road, Whitby. We will meet beside Chucke & Cheeses, look for the 151 Sign.
- Blackdown: Departs Saturday July 8, cadets need to be there at 09:00 AM, the bus departs at 10:00
- Connaught: Departs Sunday July 9, cadets need to be there at 06:30 AM, bus departs at 07:30 AM.
- Trenton: Departs Sunday July 9, cadets need to be there at 07:30 AM, bus departs at 08:30 AM.
- Glider: Departs Sunday July 9, cadets need to be there at 12:50 PM, bus departs at 01:30 PM.
Uniform: All cadets are asked to show up for departure in their Summer Uniform. This includes your cadet blue shirt(pressed), cadet pants(pressed) and belt, cadet socks and Boots(shined) and Wedge. Course cadets are asked to remove their rank slip-ons and name tag.
On the morning of departure, you will need the following ID and Documentation to board the bus. We will have extra forms in case you misplace or forget.
- Health Card (Original). Please check your health card expiry date and go to Service Ontario to have it renewed if it expires before the end of camp.
- Cadet Transportation Form: signed, this form will tell the cadet training centre if you are coming home by bus or will have your parents/guardian pick you up after graduation.
- Code of Conduct Form: reviewed and signed.
- Summer Course Offer: we will provide this on the morning of departure.
- Other Forms you might require:
- Personal Articles form: for any items that is above the kit list.
- Over the Counter Medication form: for any cadet taking any medication not indicated on their Yearly validation medical form from the beginning of the year.
- Parental / Guardian Leave Authorization: this form is intended to change the persons allowed to visit a cadet on base or sign a cadet off base. Any person that shows up to visit a cadet that is not on the authorized list will not be allowed to enter without authorization from a parent or guardian.
These forms can be found in the joining instructions or on our website at this weblink:
Kit List (What to Pack) and Joining Instructions(Other Important Information):
A detailed list of what to pack for every Cadet Training Centre, forms and other important information can be found in the joining instructions at this WEBLINK:
Please review the Summer Departure Presentation below, pages 6/7 for some additions and changes to the kit list.
Departure Briefing Presentation:
This presentation also contains more information for those cadets that missed the Summer Departure Briefing.
We will do our best to call every cadet prior to departure. If you receive a message, please call back to confirm receipt and that you understand departure, kit list and the forms you require.
Still have Questions:
If you have any questions please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Don Biffin and Mr. Glenn Weigel
Summer Training Officers