The 2021 Air Cadet League of Canada Ontario Provincial Committee Lottery
The 2021 Air Cadet League of Canada – Ontario’s annual lottery is now open. It is an exciting year as the lottery has moved online, which will not only help to manage logistics but it will also help provide the ability to reach more people.
Here is a summary of everything you need to know to make this year’s lottery a success.
This year the lottery is 100% fully online. Tickets can be purchased at https://aircadetlotto.5050central.com/?olc=151. Each Squadron has its own URL so the Squadron gets credit for the sale.
- The ticket price is $10. There is no discount for multiple ticket sales
- $70,000 in cash prizes,
- Early Bird Draw on April 1 – $5000
- Remaining Prizes on April 30
- 1 X $20,000
- 2 X $10,000
- 4 X $5000
- 5 X $1000
- Early bird draw date: April 1st @ 11:00 am (Tickets must be purchased by 10:00 am)
- Grand prize draw date: April 30th @ 11:00 am (Tickets must be purchased by 10:00 am)
- The Squadron has a quota of 456 tickets to sell.
- Each Cadet is expected to sell 3 tickets.
- Purchases can only be made in Ontario.
- No hardcopy tickets or associated logistics
How to sell lottery tickets
Let’s talk about promotion! Since we have moved online there are so many ways to promote the lottery:
- Encouraging parents to purchase a ticket(s).
- Have the parents and cadets share on their social media to support the squadron
- Have the cadets draft an e-mail to all their family members (if they are outside of Ontario, have the cadets’ parents or Squadron facilitate the purchase), This is also a great skill to develop.
When a cadet sells a ticket, please send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your Name and Rank
- The Date
- Person Ticket was sold too.
- Number of Tickets sold.
In order to track the number of tickets sold by a cadet, we need an email with the information above. The current Air Cadet League website doesn’t have a place for the cadet name.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Who has been assigned to look after ticket sales for 151
- A: OCDT Smith is responsible for 151 Squadron
- Q: How will our squadron get credit for the ticket purchase?
- A: During the checkout, process purchasers are instructed to select a squadron to receive credit. (NOTE – if you used the URL provided above and, on our website,/social media sites, 151 Squadron is pre-selected).
- Q: How will our Squadron keep track of how many tickets have been sold?
- A: The OPC will have weekly reports available for all Squadrons to see the number of tickets sold and credited to them.
- Q: Under restrictions of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) transactions can only be purchased by people that are physically in Ontario. Are they allowed to purchase tickets?
- A: They are not able to purchase tickets but may receive tickets as gifts.